At The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club, we constantly evaluate hotel operations and study best practices to continue to lessen our carbon footprint. Our Dream Greener™ program is led by a team of eco-passionate employees from various areas of the hotel, ensuring strides in sustainability from our kitchen to our banquet facilities to our executive offices.
2011 Mpower Business ChaMpions
We are one of the 18 local businesses chosen by Sustain Dane to be part of their 2011 green program.
Ozone Laundry System
In 2011 we installed a new Ozone laundry system and new high efficiency hot water heaters. These new systems will save over 400,000 gallons of water per year and reduce our carbon footprint by over 200,000 pounds of CO2 per year. It will also significantly reduce chemical usage in the hotel’s laundry.
Guest Room Linen Conservation
A card is placed on each bed informing the guest we will make their bed daily but linens will be changed only when the card is placed on top of the bed each morning.
Guest Room Towel Conservation
Guests are instructed to leave towels they wish to reuse hung up or on the rack in the bathroom. Only towels left on the floor will be replaced.
• Energy efficient fluorescent lighting throughout the hotel
• Programmable thermostats in public areas
• We are a charter wind power participant
• Our guest rooms use reusable glass cups instead of plastic
• Complimentary newspapers are provided only upon request and are delivered in reusable bags
• Glass, bottle and can recycling containers are located on each guest room floor
• Glass, bottle and can recycle bag is available in each guest room
• Paper, glass, bottle and can recycling containers are located in all offices
• Glass and can recycling containers are located on each level of the parking garage
• We support local, sustainable farming by using local meats, cheeses and vegetables
• We are active members of REAP Food Group, committed to shortening the distance from farm to table
We support Green Power. Watch this video to find out how it works and how easy it is to get involved: